Capital Goods Skill Council, promoted by FICCI and Department of Heavy Industry (DHI) and supported by Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) set up as a Registered Society under the Societies Registration Act 1860 has been designed to bridge the gap between the industry needs to skilled manpower as per competency standards defined by the industry and the training and education system.
Benefit to Members:
1) Direct access to enhanced productive manpower, by:
2) Opportunity to participate in Job Melas / Rozgar Melas organised at different locations to select potential candidates from a larger resource pool.
Articulating and validating the competencies required in the National Occupational Standards by industry members, leading to nationally and internationally recognised qualifications.
- Certification of contractual / non-certified workforce through a process of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Linking affiliated and quality assured training centres for sourcing of future workforce trained on industry approved National Occupational Standards.
- Preferential Access to existing database of CGSC certified manpower.
- Access to CGSC certified candidates under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY) who could be directly hired under the Apprenticeship Act.
3) Opportunity to participate and draw benefits from CG Sector Centres of Excellence for higher order skills and research to find solutions to specific skill issues.
4) Opportunity to recommend a second career to your retiring / retired employees to use their experience to train / assess the future / existing workforce by becoming trainers / assessors with CGSC affiliated training centres / assessment bodies.
5) Opportunity to participate in the organised labour market surveys to identify the skills gaps / deficiencies and indicate the future requirements for the training system to gear up to meet your needs.
6) Assistance in aligning your in-house training centres to the requirements of National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
7) Opportunity to utilize CSR funds on Skill Initiatives.
Membership Form (Corporate)
Membership Form (Individual)